The Senior calendar has a wide range of different tournaments taking place throughout the year.
The summer season is particularly busy, with tournaments most weeks of June, July and August.
The main tournament season is July/August but other tournaments are held outside of that. The main tournaments during this period are:
- North of Ireland Open – Downshire
- Ulster Senior Open – Belfast Boat Club
- Fermanagh Senior Open – Irvinestown
- Belfast Senior Open – David Lloyd Belfast
- County Antrim Senior Championships – Ballycastle
- Tyrone Senior Open – Omagh
- Bangor Open – Bangor
- County Londonderry Senior Championships – Limavady
Tournaments are open to players of all standards, but many tournaments will run graded or handicap events so that players are placed into events of their own standard.
Draws and Schedules
- All tournament draws are all published online on ti.tournamentsoftware.com
- Open tournaments are generally elimination or knockout draws, with plate events for players who lose their first match. Other types of draws may be used though, e.g. “Compass” draw where players get more than one match regardless of whether they win or lose, or round-robins for smaller draws, where each player plays all the other players in the event once.
- The schedule for each day in the tournament is usually published at the end of the previous day’s play
Elimination or Compass draws are all seeded to ensure that the top players do not play each other early in the event.